Islamabad: PPP senior leader, Chairman Senate Standing Committee on Interior and former Interior Minister Senator A. Rehman Malik on Tuesday through his lawyers served another defamation notice to US Citizen Cynthia D. Ritchie over false, frivolous and baseless allegation of rape against him in talk shows on different private Television channels.
Senator A. Rehman Malik has strongly rejected all allegations against him and has termed those a pack of lies to damage his national and international reputation which he has earned after tireless struggle for decades as investigator, politician, parliamentarian, former Interior Minister and author of three books and hundreds of articles published in national and international media.
He said that he considers it bellow his dignity to respond to the baseless and malicious allegations leveled against him by a foreigner adding he would take her to the court with her pack of lies to face the law.
Senator A. Rehman Malik expressed that running of such highly defamatory interviews on private tv channels are against the PEMRA Rules and our national ethics particularly in one absence. He has asked the television channels to refrain from telecasting defamatory interviews and news against him.
The legal notice is reproduced as under:
To:Ms Cynthia D. Ritchie.
Subject:LEGAL NOTICE (SECOND).
Reference our earlier legal notice and your appearance on different Pakistani media Channels, I have been instructed by my client Senator A. Rehman Malik to serve upon you second legal notice as under:-
- That on 07th June, 2020, you appeared on Hum TV talk show “Breaking Point with Malick” hosted by Anchorperson Mr. Muhammad Malick wherein you levelled false, bogus and malicious allegations of rape against the Former Interior Minister Rehman Malik”
- That you also appeared on the same day on Geo TV talk show “Naya Pakistan” hosted by Anchorperson “Shehzad Iqbal”, wherein you have leveled same false, bogus and malicious allegations against my client.
- That due to leveling, publication and circulation of above said false, frivolous and baseless allegation, the reputation of my client has adversely suffered both at the national and international level. He has a right to redeem his position.
- Therefore my client is constrained to demand from you as token damages, an amount of Rupees Fifty Billion in addition to prompt withdrawal of the above said allegation in the same manner in which it was released and posted on social, print and electronic media, within fifteen days of receipt of this legal notice besides an unqualified apology from you in this regard;
- That in case of non-adherence to the instant legal notice, my client will resort to civil and criminal proceedings against you through the courts of competent jurisdiction and in that eventuality you would be solely responsible for all costs and consequences including damages to the tune of Rupees Five Billion which my client may demand by way of damages from the relevant forum of law.